The Exos Cast
Physio Inq Sutherland proudly offer Exos bracing system from DJO Global. The Exos bracing system is a revolutionary, thermoformable technology, offering an adjustable, waterproof and reformable solution for the treatment of fractures and other injuries requiring stabilisation.
The Exos advanced technology allows our Physio Inq Sutherland Physiotherapists to mould the brace directly to you for the best possible fit, comfort and stabilization. The thermoformable material is light-weight, waterproof, can be easily cleaned, and is radiolucent. A much better alternative to a per cast or fibreglass cast for a non-displaced fracture. The Exos braces and casts are made from polymer and foam and take only 8 minutes to apply.
Physio Inq Sutherland patients will benefit from the “no cast saw required” removal and the waterproof properties of Exos braces allowing for easy skin and brace hygiene as well as involvement in water activities. Physio Inq proudly use, sell and advocate Exos advanced technology as an alternative to traditional casting and splinting.
Video Credit: DJO
Cutting Edge Bracing Technology
Easily applied and removed
- In the application stages, the brace can be warmed to the point of being almost rubbery in consistency. It is then gently moulded for a snug, comfortable custom fit. Over the next few minutes, the brace hardens to a firm, cast-like consistency, fully capable of supporting the injured part. Using the Boa® dynamic compression closure system, the brace can be tightened or loosened as required, maintaining a secure and comfortable fit.
- The Exos brace can be easily removed without the use of a cast saw to examine the fracture/wound site.
- Exos products can be fully immersed in water for prolonged periods, allowing patients to continue daily activities such as showering and swimming.
Lightweight and low profile
- Exos material is 25% to 50% lighter than fiberglass or per.
- the braces are easily concealed under clothes and are ideal for patients who have a hard time wearing traditional casts.
- Exos uses the exclusive Boa® reel and lace dynamic closure system allowing for;
- expansion for initial swelling and to reduce the risk of compartment syndrome.
- tension modification for custom fit despite atrophy changes in soft tissue.
- improved patient comfort and fit.
Antimicrobial and easily cleaned
- The Exos can be washed with soap, so build up of bacteria and odour is greatly reduced.
Get in touch with our Physio Inq Sutherland clinic today to find more about the Exos braces we offer at our Sutherland clinic.
What types of Physiotherapy does our Sutherland clinic offer?
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Dry Needling
- Child Physiotherapy
- Exercise Physiology
- Bike Fit & Cycling Services
- Workers Compensation
- Mobile Services
- NDIS & Aged Care Services
- EXOS Casting